At Hirsch Vineyards, our first and foremost goal in shipping is to get you your wine in the safest, fastest and most cost-effective way possible. If you have any questions about shipping or need assistance in choosing a shipping method, please contact us.
REFRIGERATED SUMMER SHIPPING
Temperature controlled shipping allows your wine to reach its final destination in the best condition possible, no matter the weather. FedEx Refrigerated Shipping is only sent out once per week, so please allow up to two weeks for delivery.
During the warm summer months, we encourage you to select the “FedEx Refrigerated” shipping method to maintain wine integrity. This option can be selected during check-out when you place an order on our website, or email us for assistance.
How Fedex Refrigerated works:
- Your order is picked up from our shipping company on Monday afternoons and transported at 55 degrees to the FedEx hub closest to you.
- Wine orders are delivered by 10:30am on Tuesday of the following week (Midwest states) or Wednesday of the following week (East Coast).
- Only FedEx trucks with temperature control will be used to transport the wine to hubs.
- Regular FedEx trucks then leave the refrigerated sorting facility the following morning with expedited morning delivery service.
- Delivery schedule: delivery takes between 10 – 14 days from the day you place your order.
- Please ensure you can sign for and receive your wine on the first delivery attempt. Otherwise the wine is on a regular FedEx truck for the rest of the day and you loose the benefit of Cold Chain. For this reason, we recommend shipping to an office.
STATES WE SHIP TO
If you are not able to enter an order to your state, please contact us anyway; state laws are changing all the time, and we are always trying to add states. Another option is to find a friend, relative or business in a nearby state that we do ship to and have the wine shipped there for you to pick up.
TIMING OF WINE SHIPMENTS
Rest assured we will not ship your wine without consulting with you first. Once your order is received, we will contact you via phone or email to arrange a mutually convenient, safe window for shipping. Generally, we will ship wine orders Monday or Tuesday. Carriers deliver Monday through Friday, but not on weekends. If you have specific shipping instructions, such as a when to ship or not ship your wine, you may include that information in the Order Notes.
Every wine-lover knows prolonged exposure to extreme heat can damage a wine’s delicate nuances, which can make summer shipping a challenge. To safely ship your wine in warm weather, we offer Refrigerated Fedex (Summer Shipping) for an additional charge.
You will receive an email with tracking information the day your wine ships. If for any reason you do not receive it on the shipment day, you may login to your account to check the tracking information, or email us.
We work hard to minimize mistakes, but it’s a fact of life that problems happen. The wrong wines show up, delivery is delayed or the package is damaged in transit. We know how frustrating this can be. If you have a problem, a complaint or concern, please let us know immediately so we can work with you to resolve the problem.
Additional shipping charges and fees may be incurred if you make changes to your order following receipt of a shipping notification email. To avoid additional charges, please make sure we have correct shipping information for your order and review your email receipt for accuracy. Possible changes include, but are not limited to:
• Change of shipping address.
• Correction of shipping address.
• Requesting shipment delay or postponement.
• Having your package returned to us because an adult’s signature was not available at time of delivery (the carrier will make 3 delivery attempts before the package is returned).
ADULT SIGNATURE REQUIRED FOR DELIVERY
You must be 21 years of age to order or receive alcoholic beverages from Hirsch Winery. Any shipments containing alcoholic beverages are sent with an “Adult Signature Required” sticker, and Fed Ex, UPS and Golden State Overnight are legally required to ask and check for identification upon delivery. Consequently, there must be someone 21 or older present to sign for the package at the time of delivery. For this reason, a business address is often preferred.
If no one over the age of 21 is available to sign for the package upon delivery, most common carriers will generally attempt delivery 3 separate times before returning the package to us. We are happy to arrange a re-shipment of the wine. However, if the package is returned because you failed to provide us with correct address information or an appropriate delivery time-frame, you will be responsible for the charges to return the package to us and re-ship it.